Corona, CA– Accurate Fishing has introduced the largest model of its popular Valiant series – the new BV2-1000 two-speed lever drag reel. Built for offshore trolling and live-bait fishing with 100-pound-test braided line, this reel boasts the rugged construction and raw power needed to take on hard-fighting tuna, marlin, sailfish and other oversized pelagic predators. Like all Accurate Valiant reels, the BV2-1000 incorporates design innovations that make it lightweight, strong, powerful, and more compact than any other reel in its class. In fact, the BV2-1000 is the lightest reel of its kind, weighing in at just 29 ounces.
Capable of holding 1,000 yards of 100-pound braid, the BV2-1000 has the line capacity needed to handle the extended runs of saltwater speedsters. It also features Accurate’s DirecShift™mechanism, which allows you to switch back and forth easily between a high-speed 5:1 retrieve and a winch-like 2.2:1 gear ratio with the touch of a button. Choose high-speed mode to crank in an impressive 51 inches of line with a single turn of the handle, or select low-speed (23 inches per crank) for the extra power needed to gain on stubborn adversaries.
The BV2-1000 model features a compact yet rugged 6061 T6 aircraft-grade aluminum frame, uniquely curved to deliver the structural integrity of a reel twice its size. The non-flexing frame and side plates, while thinner than those of ordinary lever drag reels, allow Accurate’s Valiant models to withstand higher levels of stress and torque. Protected by this high-strength, corrosion-resistant exterior is Accurate’s patented TwinDrag® system – engineered to deliver up to 40 pounds of pressure for putting the brakes on big, determined game fish. Precision-cut stainless steel gears mesh perfectly together at all times, while seven shielded/sealed Class 5 ABEX bearings and one ARB bearing ensure smooth, reliable operation.
Additional Valiant reel features include Accurate’s “power handle,” for comfortable, effective cranking even under wet and slimy conditions, plus a new easy-find “Cam Stop” with a secure indent in the drag cam that prevents the angler from going too far into full drag during the heat of battle
Available March 1, 2018 through authorized tackle retailers nationwide, the new Accurate Valiant BV2-1000 two-speed reel is priced at $699.95 (MSRP).
Specifications are listed below:
Valiant BV2-1000 Two-Speed Lever Drag Reel Features:
- Super lightweight at just 29 ounces
- Line Capacity: 1,000 yards/100 lb. braid
- Patented TwinDrag®for optimum smoothness, consistency (Max. drag: 40 lbs.)
- 6061 T6 Aircraft Aluminum Construction
- Anodized for increased corrosion resistance
- Gear Ratios: 5:1 high gear, 2.2:1 low gear
- Line Retrieval: 51” per crank (high gear), 23” per crank (low gear)
- DirecShift™Mechanism for instant gear engagement from high to low speed
- Seven ABEC Class-5 bearings and one ARB bearing, shielded/sealed for corrosion resistance
- Precision-cut Stainless Steel Gears
- Smooth, Easy-Find Cam Stop Strike
- Sleeved spool for better castability
- Lever-Drag Recessed Ergonomic Thumb Plate
- Harness Lugs for using stand-up gear or safety lines on the boat
To learn more about Accurate’s new Valiant BV2-1000 two-speed lever-drag reel, or the complete Accurate Fishing product lineup, visit www.accuratefishing.com.