Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds mutton snapper fillets (substitute with any firm, white fish)
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice (14.5 oz.)
- 1 can sliced ripe olives, drained (2.25 oz.)
- 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 13″x9″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange basil in a single layer in pan and top with fish fillets (sprinkle salt & pepper on both sides of fillets).
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté leeks and garlic in olive oil until tender, about two minutes. Add diced tomatoes with juice and black olives. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat to avoid burning. Arrange mixture over fish. Thinly slice half of the lemon and place over the top. Squeeze juice from the remaining lemon over the fish. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with feta cheese and minced parsley. Serve.