Corona, CA- Accurate Fishing has introduced new BV2-800 and BV2-800N two-speed lever drag reels to its popular Valiant series. Built for offshore trolling and live-bait fishing with 80-pound-test braid, both reels boast the rugged construction and raw power needed to take on tuna, striped marlin, sailfish and other hard-fighting pelagic predators. Like all Accurate Valiant reels, the new models incorporate design innovations that make them incredibly strong, rigid and durable, yet lighter and more compact than any other reels in their class.
Both the BV2-800 (standard) and BV2-800N (narrow) models feature a compact yet rugged 6061 T6 aircraft-grade aluminum frame, uniquely curved to deliver the structural integrity of a reel twice its size. The non-flexing frame and side plates, while thinner than those of ordinary lever drag reels, allow Accurate’s Valiant models to withstand higher levels of stress and torque.
Protected by this high-strength, corrosion-resistant exterior is Accurate’s patented TwinDrag® system – engineered to deliver up to 36 pounds of pressure for putting the brakes on big, determined saltwater adversaries. Precision-cut stainless steel gears mesh perfectly together so you can turn the handle and gain line on the most stubborn game fish, while seven shielded/sealed Class 5 ABEX bearings and one ARB bearing ensure smooth, reliable operation.
Anglers can choose either the Accurate Valiant BV2-800 or BV2-800N to suit their individual requirements and preferences. The BV2-800 holds 800 yards of 80-pound braided line, while the BV2-800N holds 600 yards of 80-pound-test braid. Both of the 800 series lever drag reels are two-speed models featuring Accurate’s DirecShift™, which allows you to switch back and forth easily between a high-speed 5:1 retrieve and a winch-like 2.2:1 gear ratio with the touch of a button.
Additional Valiant reel features include Accurate’s “power handle,” for comfortable, effective cranking even under wet and slimy conditions, plus a new easy-find “Cam Stop” with a secure indent in the drag cam that prevents the angler from going too far into full drag during the heat of battle.
The new Accurate Valiant BV2-800/800N two-speed reels are available now through authorized tackle retailers nationwide. Prices and specifications are listed below:
Valiant BV2-800 Two-Speed: $649.95 (MSRP)
Valiant BV2-800N Two-Speed: $649.95 (MSRP)
Valiant BV2-800/BV2-800N Two-Speed Models Feature:
- Patented TwinDrag®for optimum smoothness, consistency (Max. drag: 36 lbs.)
- 6061 T6 Aircraft Aluminum Construction
- Anodized for increased corrosion resistance
- Gear Ratios: 5:1 high gear, 2.2:1 low gear
- Line Retrieval: 47” per crank (high gear), 21” per crank (low gear)
- DirecShift™Mechanism for instant gear engagement from high to low speed
- Seven ABEC Class-5 bearings and one ARB bearing, shielded/sealed for corrosion resistance
- Precision-cut Stainless Steel Gears
- Smooth, Easy-Find Cam Stop Strike
- Sleeved spool for better castability
- Lever-Drag Recessed Ergonomic Thumb Plate
- Harness Lugs for using stand-up gear or safety lines on the boat
Additional BV2-800 Two-Speed Features:
- BV2-800 is super lightweight at 25 ounces
- BV2-800 line capacity: 800 yards/80 lb. braid
Additional BV2-800N Two-Speed Features:
- BV2-800N is super lightweight at 24 ounces
- BV2-800N line capacity: 600 yards/80 lb. braid
To learn more about Accurate’s new Valiant BV2-800/800N two-speed lever-drag reels, or the complete Accurate Fishing product lineup, visit www.accuratefishing.com