ORLANDO, Fla. – Designed with strength, durability, and precision in mind, the Cuda® line of knives and tools dedicated to fresh and saltwater fishing will officially launch at The International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades – better known as iCast – July 15 – 18 (booth 2585).
Taking inspiration from the Barracuda, the Cuda line has been developed and tested in tandem with professional fishermen in fresh and saltwater environments, to ensure the highest quality and reliability. Titanium Bonded® steels and alloys guarantee blades and tools to be three times harder than untreated options, providing world-class hardness, corrosion and adhesive resistance.
The new brand also offers a diverse range of products all backed by a lifetime warranty, including:
- Snips, Wire Cutters & Pliers These products all feature Titanium Bonded Carbon Steel; visible full-tang Steel construction, and non-slip Cuda scale pattern grips. Products range in size from 6.75″ to 11″ and can cut through Mono and Fluorocarbon (as well as wire and braid, in some instances).
- Grip & Scale/Skin Gripper The 6″ Cuda Skin Gripper is designed to grip fish skin while filleting, features a dual position handle and is constructed with visible full-tang aluminum alloy. At 11.5″, the Cuda Grip & Scale has an integrated 50-pound scale and aluminum alloy structure.
- Knives With lengths ranging from 2.5″ – 10″, all Cuda knives are constructed with German 4116 corrosion-resistant stainless steel, a visible full tang and non-slip Cuda scale pattern grip. Varying by function, blade designs include Bait, Net, Curved Boning, Flex Fillet, Chunk, Serrated, and Butcher/Breaking.
- Sharpeners/Sheaths Cuda Sharpeners are designed to sharpen non-serrated knives and shears with one hand by suctioning to clean, flat surfaces. Small and compact, Cuda Knife and Shear Sharpeners are built with Aluminum Alloy and ABS construction. Cuda Fisherman’s Sheath is designed to provide protection, drainage and storage while Cuda knives are not in use.
- Scissors/Shears With corrosion-resistant construction and non-slip bows, Cuda Scissors and shears are designed to cut Braided Line, Mono and Fluorocarbon. Available in two sizes: 3″ Cuda Micro Scissor and 8″ Cuda Marine Shears.
- De-Hookers/Tag Sticks/Harpoons Cuda De-Hooker features a Titanium-bonded de-hooking mechanism as well as a visible, full-tang Aluminum construction. Cuda Telescoping Tag Sticks and Harpoons are built with an aircraft aluminum shaft, telescope from 35″ – 73″ and feature channeled water drainage and a corrosion-resistant construction.
A select group of Cuda Pros: Bob Izumi, as seen on the syndicated television show Real Fishing, Mariko Izumi of Real Fishing and the World Fishing Network’s Hookin’ Up, and four captains seen on National Geographic Channel’s hit series Wicked Tuna: TJ Ott, Tyler McLaughlin, Dave Marciano, and Dave Carraro, will be using Cuda tools on upcoming episodes of their respective television shows.
TJ Ott will appear at Cuda’s iCast booth on Wednesday, July 16th from 1-3 p.m. and Bob Izumi will appear on Thursday, July 17th from 1-3 p.m.
Cuda fishing knives and tools are specifically designed for rigorous inshore, offshore and freshwater fishing. The Cuda brand has partnered with six professional fishermen to be Cuda Pros, each hand-picked for their fishing accomplishments and dedication to the fishing community. Cuda Pros provide their professional insight and knowledge to ensure each Cuda product lives up to its reputation. For more information on the Cuda line and to learn more about the Cuda Pros, visit www.cudabrand.com