Edenton, NC- Regulator Marine, manufacturers of the finest in offshore sportfishing boats, hosted its largest annual “Regulator Marine University” (RMU) to date November 13-15 in Edenton, NC. In addition to providing three days of interactive training sessions, seminars with Yamaha and Garmin, and keynote speeches from renowned sales experts, the company announced mid-model year upgrades and revealed plans for a phase two factory expansion, which, combined with the new Lean Manufactiring initiative, will ensure that the manufacturer keeps pace with rising demand.
“RMU is one of my favorite events of the year,” said Regulator President Joan Maxwell. “Gathering our dealers and salespeople for learning, recognition, and collaborative feedback on where Regulator is headed is critical to our success. This year, it took on even greater meaning as we introduced the next phase of what we are doing to meet demand, and previewed the first Regulator with sun shade comfort and tow bar option!”
Here’s a look at the mid-model year option upgrades, available immediately:
- Removable Watersports Tow Bar – now available on all models ($995)
- SureShade® ATF™ Automated Cockpit Boat Shade extends and retracts automatically with the touch of a button at the helm or with wireless fob – now available on the Regulator 28 ($9,395)
- Forward Sun Shade, engineered in all-weather canvas to be easily installed and removed manually, and stored under the gunwale – now available on the Regulator 28 ($2,195)
- Garmin® Offshore Package, including two 16” GPSMAP® screens installed on black flushmount electronics face – now available on the Regulator 28
- Laguna Blue, a new gelcoat color – now available on all models
Of course, RMU left room for fun and recognition at the annual RMU Awards night, held on November 15, to close out the three-day event. The following awards were given:
- Oyster Harbors Marine (Osterville, MA) accepted the “Dealership of the Year” Award
- Five-time winner Michael Hayes of Suffolk Marine Center (Babylon, NY) accepted the “Salesman of the Year” Award
- Paul Ochs of Catawba Moorings (Port Clinton, OH) accepted the “Northeast Salesman of the Year” Award
- Kevin Hunter of Bluewater Yacht Sales (Mobile, AL) accepted the “Southeast Salesman of the Year” Award
- Scott James of Bluewater Yacht Sales (Hampton, VA) accepted the “Mid-Atlantic Salesman of the Year” Award
For more information on Regulator Marine, visit www.regulatormarine.com or join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
ABOUT REGULATOR MARINE: Born and built to last in Edenton, North Carolina since 1988, Regulator boats are tested against the challenging conditions of the Outer Banks, and delivered to locations throughout the U.S. and abroad. As manufacturers of premiere sportfishing boats ranging from the Regulator 23 to the Regulator 41, as well as custom patrol boats and stand outs like the “Indestructible Queen Bee” – a 26-foot boat that survived a 3-year, 3,500-mile unmanned trans-Atlantic journey – Regulator delivers American-made craftsmanship like no other. www.regulatormarine.com