Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Total Prep Time: 1 Hour
- 1/2 lb. bay scallops
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, & chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 cup shallot, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, leaves for garnish
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Chop shrimp in 1/2″ pieces. In a large non-reactive bowl, add shrimp and bay scallops. Mix all of the citrus juice over seafood. Add minced garlic. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, allowing the ceviche to marinate for one hour. The acidic citrus juice will cook the shrimp and scallops.
Stir in remaining ingredients and serve with your favorite crackers or tortilla chips. I prefer pumpernickel toast points. Bon Appétit!
Pumpernickel TOAST Points
- 1 package thin-sliced pumpernickel bread, cut into triangles.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted.
- Kosher salt to taste.
- Place oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat on broil. Arrange pum-pernickel points on large, shallow baking pan. Brush one side of triangles with melted butter and season with kosher salt. Toast 5 – 7 minutes, let cool.